Monday, November 23, 2020
My Personal Discussion Blog

Choosing Vape Liquid In Australia

How Vaping works?  Over the last few decades, e-cigarettes have become more and more common. People are switching from conventional…

By Erin Ellen , in Ecommerce , at October 19, 2018

How Vaping works? 

Over the last few decades, e-cigarettes have become more and more common. People are switching from conventional harmful cigarettes to modern harmless e-cigarettes. There is a list of reasons for choosing e-cigarettes over smoking, but the main reason is, its harmless nature. The E-cigarettes or the vapes have simple ingredients that can be found in everyday food items and snacks. This includes food flavourings and some other additives. There’s often a debate about the downside of using vape for the presence of nicotine in it. However, the addition of nicotine is completely up to the choice of the user. In fact, most countries do now allow the usage of nicotine in vapes. Despite the fact that it is abundantly used in coffee under safe limits.   

The heart of a vaping device is an atomiser. This heats up the juice that produces the harmless smoke that the user inhales. The coils in the atomiser heat up the juice that vaporises and the vapors flow to the mouthpiece for user to inhale. The atomiser is connected to a tank that holds the juice. The wick carries the juice from the tank to the atomiser. The coils get the energy for heating from a battery connected. Most vapes come with rechargeable batteries, but for the convenience of the users, there also comes the option of replaceable batteries. Further accessories and modifications are also available to make the vaping experience more pleasant.    

Vape over the time 

The device ‘vape’ is a result of decades of modifications and improvement to the first e-cigarette, known as cig-a-likes. These looked nothing different than the conventional cigarettes. The purpose of their introduction was to replace the harmful addictive cigarettes by giving the option to the smokers to switch to a harmless experience of smoking without quitting smoking. The cig-a-like contained the same basic components as described earlier; a cartilage to hold the liquid, an atomizer to burn it and a battery to make it all function. After cig-a-likes, came the vape pens. The vape pens introduced a better experience of smoking through the increased efficiency of the atomizer and long-lasting battery. Next came in line the Vape Mods which are mostly used today. Their name is short for modification which speaks for the changes and improvements brought in this generation of e-cigarettes. Vape mods come in a variety of options.  

The E-liquid 

The only ingredient in the e-cigarette is the vape juice. It is also known as e-juice or e-liquid. It is the vape juice that provides the vapors that the user inhales. It contains either propylene glycol or vegetable glycerin. The selection between the two is up to the user’s desire. The difference between the two will be discussed in the next section. Other than this, it contains food flavourings and nicotine, if added. The food flavourings used are completely harmless as they are the same additives that are used in common snacks and juices. The addition of nicotine is not compulsory. It is up to the wish of the user to have nicotine added in the vape juice or not. The regulations regarding Vape liquid Australia forbid the addition of nicotine. However, some online stores give the option of adding it within safe limits. The vape liquid is 90% propylene glycol or vegetable glycerin and the remaining 10% makes up for the food flavourings used and nicotine, if added.   

Deciding between PG or VG 

New users often face trouble deciding between the addition of propylene glycol and vegetable glycerin. Following is a comparison between the experiences that both give.  

Propylene Glycol 

  • Gives a better throat hit. 
  • Thinner in consistency so produces lesser residue on atomiser. 
  • Has no flavor of its own so no effect on the overall flavor. 
  • Allergic for some users. 

Vegetable Glycerin 

  • Thicker consistency so leaves more residue on atomiser. 
  • Due to thicker consistency, it forms a thicker cloud of vapor. 
  • Has a sweet taste of its own.  
  • Minimal throat hit 

Benefits of high quality vape juices 

If you are planning to get a customised vape, it is better that you go for a high quality vape liquid for the following reasons.

  1. A more pleasant experience
  2. Uncontaminated. This means no flavor or scent other than the one that you chose for yourself. 
  3. Safer ingredients used.  
  4. Better quality of nicotine used.